View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 02:59 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
The kind of feeling most people have in France lol ^^ Why do you guys hate us? xD

I'm not saying that all americans generally dislike the french but when I'm talking to friends in the US , usually when you scrap off the surface you discover that the general opinion is full of stereotypes about us
Just like what you said, it's all stereotypes. Some can also be attributed to difference in cultures. Most of them probably haven't even been there. IMO, those of us who were fortunate enough to have visited your country would disagree with them. Just like what I posted on another thread I couldn't remember , I said I had a wonderful experience when I visited Paris back in the early 2000's. No one was rude (not the waiters nor the police). I made a wrong turn while driving in Paris since I wasn't familiar with your road signs. The police pulled me over but just explained to me what I did wrong and didn't give me any hard time at all. He knew who I was since I gave him my American driver license. One lady helped me find my way out of Paris once she realized that I was lost! She didn't just tell me where to go but, she actually had me follow her all the way to the highway. And she did this even without me asking! Another gentleman volunteered to take our picture without being asked.
I think it depends on how you handle yourself. If you act like a jerk, you're gonna get treated as such no matter where you go.
So, don't you worry my friend, we don't hate France. We love France! Although not as much as we love Alizee!