View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 11:01 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Since the official author of the Alizée’s early songs never actually said what those lyrics were about, everyone is entitled to his own interpretations. Anyone on the Internet who claims to have found the “real” meaning of Alizée’s early songs is just giving his/her own interpretations. That being said, although the references that lapinschous has included might go a bit too far, I myself believe that the songs from Gourmandises an MCE are replete with sexual themes. I also believe that unless one is opened about sexual matters and one has *excellent* knowledge of the French language and culture, it is quite possible to miss most of the sexual content in those songs.

Interpreting lyrics is difficult for many reasons and one of them is that you have to choose the definition of words that could have several meanings. In every language, many common words do have a clear sexual connotation or a slang meaning that is sexual or vulgar. For example, it is true that, in France, “mousse” (foam) can mean pubic hair and “gourmandise” (treat) can mean fellatio.

http://www.languefrancaise.net/bob/detail.php?id=26870
http://www.affection.org/sexualite/f...fellation.html

So, as an example, if you make crude translations:

“I have soft skin in my pubic hair” (JEAM)
“Alizée’s kisses are real blow jobs” (Gourmandises)

People who don’t accept these as valid interpretations are possibly too prude or too ignorant of the meaning or use of certain French words.

Just so people who have little knowledge of French can see how the LB/MF technique of writing feels in English, here is something that is somewhat similar in style:

Tonight will be an opera
Opera, über raw
I will play the magic flute
Imma do us, like Amadeus

You’re not scared of the giant snake
But of the gang you will be the slave
Are you ready for their Big Bang?
The bang of the Wolf gang

So, what are those lyrics really about? Some could say these are just puns and references to Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and The Magic Flute opera (and yes, that includes a giant snake). Myself, I see a penis, more penises and sexual acts, including group sex, more specifically a gang bang.

In any case is anyone seriously pretending this song/video is not about fellatio:

Young girls suggestively sucking on fruits. At 2:24 the young man holds the girls head and looks down at his crotch in an insisting manner. A little later on, cherries and small tomatoes incised to make them look like penis glans and meatuses with liquid coming out. I think it would really be difficult to make it more obvious.

Last edited by Corsaire; 02-06-2013 at 11:07 PM..