View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 12:50 PM
I'm a listener ... reader

BlancZulu is on a distinguished road
Post One way to learn French

I have seen a few "language learning programs" in my live an the problem with most is that they teach you phrases. Thats fine for people only visiting a country, but when you want to become fluent in a language(ANY language) you have to know how to build your own sentences to use in expressing yourself.

I think the easiest way to learn a language and become fluent in it is to start at the basis of all languages - LETTERS - You can learn the way in which letters are pronounced in a language in one or two days! Next up Words! And word order at that. Learning the basic rules is all you need to do.

The next thing in line is to build your vocabulary! NO you don't have to know a whole dictionary by heart - there are words in the English language (AND MY OWN TONGUE) I have never used and will never because they just ain't needed!

Once you have the vocab and you know how to stick'em all together to create a beautifull sentence you'll be pretty fluent - if you practise enough!

Thats the way I'm doing it! And it is working pretty damn nicely
But afer all - everyone has their own way of learning any subject. I am just used to absorbing alot of info at a time.

To perfect everything you've learned just read French - novels or newspapers - anything will do! This also helps to enlarge your vocab!

There it is everything I've learned on learning languages
(Please feel free to comment on it)