View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 10:18 AM

Wizard is on a distinguished road

The first time I saw Alizée, was while looking for a YouTube clip of a Mexican singer- whose name completely escapes now- in fact, I forgot all about her! French is my third language and with her voice, her looks, and her personality- it was only natural that I altered my course in her direction. Alizée seems to have that effect on you.She's a great ambassador for France, her culture, and her language.

The first video I saw was- of course, ML, followed immediately by La Isla Bonita, and by the time I found La Candida, and A Contre Courant ... it was too late- I was hooked!! That was back in September - 2012.

Alarmingly, this has turned into somewhat of an obsession- or it seems so. I created a play list on YT and immediately added every Alizée song I could find- I commented on one particular clip by Scruffydog- in his reply- he encouraged me to check out this site- and that's how I found out about Alizée America. I lurked around this site for several months before taking the plunge and deciding to join. I'm glad I did. I'm still catching up on all the material here, but I can appreciate the joy, the laughter, the happiness, and the frustration that many have experienced during the highs and lows of her career.