View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
In any case, this should not turn into an Alizée bashing on my part. I suppose the majority of her fans love her voice and are willing to accept that she cannot perform live in a reliable manner. Myself, I make no excuse for this; I would hope that Alizée would rely less on her cute looks and her angelic voice and work a little more at being a good, solid performer, and I really don’t think she would have to change the texture of her voice to do so. But when I think of it, Alizée is probably giving to her fans what they really want.
I very much agree with the above and share Corsaire's point of view as far as her singing skills are concerned . Let's face it, one has to be of terribly bad faith not to acknowledge Lili's systematic shortcomings when performing live.

Her Asian promo tour of 2003 provides some interesting content since the japanese and koreans couldn't allow her to lip-synch in front of their audiences.

We can clearly hear that she doesn't dare to sing much louder, (well actually she never dared to sing much louder than that in her entire career!) , likely afraid of losing control over her singing , knowing that she was born with a much weaker and softer voice than most singers. She's quickly out of breath , obviously lacks training and doesn't have the confidence required to go high pitch .

Yet , with all that in mind, I still believe that , hadn't she made her partnership with Mylène come to an end, she would have made a lot of progress and overcame the major weaknesses of her voice... From Graines de Star to the Live 2004 concert , you guys must admit that Mylène's impact on her singing skills was all but unsignificant!

-----
On a sidenote, thanks Corsaire for making me discover Stéphanie Bédard

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..

Last edited by lapinschous; 04-17-2013 at 12:53 PM..