View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 06:49 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I learned early on that Alizee lip synced and the first way I learned about it was from watching En Concert. Listening to Moi Lolita from that concert made me wonder why it sounded so different from her other performances of this song. Then at a later date, I saw her performance in Korea and also there were 2 other performances that made it obvious. Both were when she was singing with other singers which I guess in these instances, necessitated that she sing live. One was where she sang ML on Eurobest with 3 other singers and the other was whenshe sang it in a duet with another singer on Star academy.

Now realizing this did bother me at first. In fact I thought the live version of this song did not sound good at all and I felt that if she had only been able to sing ML live since when it was first written, it would have never become a hit. But at this point, I had heard all the songs of En Concert and I thought her live voice was beautiful in so many songs; L'Alize, Hey Amigo, L'e-mail a des ailes, Toc de mac and Amelie m'a dit and it doesn't matter to me if they took the best audio from all the shows for the dvd. All that matters is it was her live voice.

Now J'en ai marre was another song that didn't sound as good live, how ever it was okay, but I also think that her voice has changed with age and while jam sounded okay live before, it does not sound good at all now as evidenced by her last trip to Mexico. Now I don't think it's a case of her voice getting worse, I think it's more of a case of her range changing and I think it's still a beautiful voice, in that range.

Now I recognize the fact that most of the other female singers I've seen on Les Enfoires, have stronger, more naturally beautiful voices with a wider range than Alizee, but when you combine her live voice with the music like that composed by Laurent Boutanant and the lyrics like those written by Mylene Farmer, there is no one else I'd rather listen to.

Now finding some one else who can put together music that the French people would enjoy as much as LB's , that is in the right range for her voice has been a tall order for her. One of the few songs that has come close is PLP, then lately, La vie par procuration was one I really enjoyed. Now I don't know if LVPP was sung live or enhananced, but It does make me very anxious to hear the 2 songs JJ Goldman wrote for her. I have a good feeling that this would be the combination that would finally work for her.

Bottom line is I know her voice isn't that strong, I know by itself, it's far from the most beautiful voices. I know it has it's limitations including consistency, but there is no other voice that I'd rather hear when it's at it's best than hers. I think she could improve it with singing lessons, but as I said in another thread, I don't think her heart is into her career, but that's a subject for another thread.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-21-2013 at 08:16 AM..