View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 01:20 PM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matevz91 View Post
After watching this thread for quite some time, I finally decided to throw in my two cents and state that I don't care whether she lip-syncs or not and whether she tries to fool us or not. Of course I would love to hear her live singing improve, but I won't mind much if that doesn't happen.
And this has nothing to do with the culture of mediocrity we live in, it simply means that I "have no culture". If somebody mentions to me that someone is a extraordinary at art, I tend to ignore that artist altogether, but if somebody mentions that somebody is a poor artist, but he still finds value in him, well that makes me interested.

And btw, this performance in Korea is one of live performances I like the most - globally, nut just with Alizée.
With that logic, Milli Vanilli would still be around and hailed as great artists. They were just 20 yrs ahead of their time lol. OK class can we say cognitive dissonance. I am making a sarcastic point. I have been as guilty as anyone else over the years when it comes to Alizee. I just can't delude myself any longer. I'm not that hard to please. As I have said I like Alizee's tone. I just wish she could at least sing in tune and not go sharp or flat in just one live performance. If that could happen I wouldn't care so much how much playback or studio enhanced versions were out there. As long as they don't try to deceive us into believing it is a live performance.