View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 11:38 AM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

A GREAT BIG SO WHAT IF SHE DID?

I've always noticed a difference between the voice of Alizée when she sings live or prerecorded. Keep in mind, when she first came to Paris, she wanted to be a dancer. It just so happened that she also put singing as part of her resume. I have heard many recording artists who could not carry a tune on their own. Thanks to doblys, reverberaters, filters and autotune (yuck) anyone could become a singing star.

The group Duran Duran was the first group that was made for music videos. They were all cute guys who couldn't sing their way out of a paper bag. All of their concerts were prerecorded. Before music videos, look at all the artists who made it big. Most of them were in no way pretty or handsome but they had voices that could charm birds off the trees. Today, if you are not drop dead gorgeous then agents will not touch you.

As for you Corsaire, I'm sorry to see you go but opinions, like elbows, almost everybody has at least one. You are not the first to rock Alizée off of her pedestal in here. I've done it more than once, got scolded, shrugged it off and went on with my life. This is not the most insane thread ever created. Some of the older members may recall the "If Alizée and one of your family members/loved ones were drowning and you could only save one, who would you save?" That drew a heated debate between the 'true believers' and the 'conservative' members. Please remember this Corsaire, you didn't come here because you wanted all the members to like you. Just like me, you came here to learn more about Alizée. When I first came here, this place was a gold mine of information. There were galleries of pictures and page after page of music videos, interviews and commercials that included Alizée. My favorite place to be was in the old chat room. I gained and found respect for many of the members there. Today's chat room is not the same, at least not for me.

Beyoncé prerecorded America's National Anthem for President Obama's inauguration and lip-synced it just in case she may have messed up.

Ok, I'm done...peace out!

Edit:

You're doing an awesome job Scruffy. I have no complaints whatsoever of the job you're doing here. I'm not sure if there are any new mods or not. I remember Roman, man he had an opinion on everything. People come and go, some return 'ahem'. lol But the ones who leave, I hope that they leave with a better understanding of what Alizée was all about. And it's mods like you Scruffy who keeps that information going.

Last edited by Rocket; 04-23-2013 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts