View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 02:26 PM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
She may not have had to shell out any money for THIS album, but she did two solo albums produced by herself.
Speculative , also and don't read this wrong but she isn't listed as a producer on any materials released . . . Production and - every single one of her recordings released by a major label seems to different subjects . That is when it comes to shelling out . . .

Quote:
If you think people invested in that, you're a fool. She had to pay for the studio and everyone that helped on those albums. People don't work for free.
I wouldn't claim that most do work for free , we been through all that .
Yet consider this , you are a drummer/sound technician/insert any title , you are one of Alizee's/Any artists friends , you've never worked with Alizee/famous artist , yet . . Alizee/any famous artists wants to work with you on her latest project , major label or not . I know you may refuse to " work for free " i'll guarantee and i can show you acreditation without fees there are alot of people in the music industry as well others and even people here who would " work for free " . Not only because these people are her friends and family but even those who don't really know her just to get the name association by working with such people can make it worthwhile . Even in Hollywood productions this happens constantly , people work for free because when you can have Alizee/any famous person/title/song/movie etc on your resume it can lead to other work . . Adding one more very important thing , how you're saying it and considering her husband is one of the producers . Oh no sorry my wife you will pay me or i will not work for you . . . A bit silly to think so obtusely .

Quote:
Psych did alright, and maybe she at least got her money back, but I imagine UEDS was a big loss for her.

We don't know the details of her contract, but big recording companies sign an artist hoping to at least make a profit. It doesn't matter how much they make in a year, investors care about PROFIT, period. They've invested time and money into her album and promotion, and if the numbers don't go up, they will drop her.

Now, I think she made a pretty good amount of money working with Mylene, but why would someone like Alizee waste her time and money making CDs if no one will sign her? It would be a waste if there is no profit involved.

Here's a little perspective:
Investors already were paid in dividends et al . . So simply put they aren't screaming bloody murder where is my money why are you giving so and so so much money simply to be signed with our company . .

Of course any business goal is to make profit , as i've provided absolute proof above they do make profit . Again they profit ALOT off of a few artists and take a risk on ALOT MORE whom they lose on . . . Kinds obvious again they know they won't profit much off an Alizee for instance yet they take the chance to . If they didnt take those chances someone else would , if they know the numbers of the past loss and would NEVER invest in those who show loss then there wouldn't be any Alizee types music even released . Not too hard a concept to realise .

I mean were not even considering all the free perks these artists get . You see when you are Ferrari and Alizee is seen driving your ferrari that is FREE advertising way beyond that any paid for commercial can do . Now im not saying there Alizee gets EVERYTHING for free but think if you owned a car dealership , restaraunt , hotel , airline and so on you'd give alot of free perks to artists who use your products etc . Add to that all the free stuff the music industry flys them around , nice rooms , jewelery and so on to keep them happy and impressed . I mean Alizee isn't a Hollywood star but . . the gift parties for instance at red carpet events as well too many to list . But wait they are all out to make money and would never give out free stuff , those companies even PAY large fees just to be the ones there giving out the free stuff . . yet no one works for " free " . . .

Again i'll bet you $ 100 right now that even though this album , the last few etc as you all claim are losses and she is losing money that she will in a few years have another album out and on a major label . We been through this for YEARS on this forum, According to some of you this is an impossibilty and a major label would NEVER invest in someone who loses them money yet it keeps happening . . . Your theory is highly flawed by your own statements . So do we have a bet ? ( i doubt anyone will take that bet ) so please explain to me how she keeps putting out albums yet the numbers just dont add up and why major labels would never would never do that ? Yet they keep doing it . .

Or how many MORE albums with a loss ( and according to some of ya , not my opinion she keeps taking a loss losing money ) to the major labels will it take from now to admit that whole theory is an incorrect assumption ?

Again explain to me how if she keeps losing money on all this why does she keep doing it ?

As for that chart it's missing so much , hypothetical et al and i would point out flaws but wont bother because the above can't be answered logically and no one here will take my bet .