Thread: Bad news .
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 11:45 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Karin I agree with your comments completely. At least she is putting a lot more effort into this promoting this album than the last two. Her FB page and Official web page is a joke compared to other performers and the amount of fresh information that gets put up weekly. Yes we all like her twitter photographs, but she needs to do a lot more to get her message and "Brand" out to the fans.

I made this point a year or two ago when I posted a link to an U.S. eighties all girl band who still tour called the Bangles. There is so much news and items for fans to see on their web page. These women are no longer youngsters and all are in their fifties and still doing shows. Their Facebook page has 36,191 Likes compared to how many does Alizée have? Their Web page also has so much more information on what they are doing and selling. The Bangles.com/

Then there is the GoGo's another all Girl Band from the eighties and their web site and tour dates. GoGo's.com/ And again they have a whopping 45,170 Facebook likes, compared to how many does Alizée have?GoGosOfficial

BTW, that might be a concert worth seeing, being the GoGo's are touring with the B-52's this summer. How do I know that because I saw it on their web page when looking for it for this post.

I'm using these two examples since neither band hasn't been big and on top of their game for almost 25 years. Yet they are doing ok for themselves even though the bands broke up and the members left the music scene over two decades ago to have families. Then a few years ago they got back together and started performing again. These are not young women they are all in their early to mid fifties.

The point I'm making is don't ever under estimate Alizée and what she is capable of in the future.

Just something she could do to increase her Cd sales is what many on air personalities do here in the U.S. is they redirect book sales to their personal web sites (Cutting out the middlemen) by offering personalized book signings. She could be selling signed "5" Cd's off her web site for 20€ by-passing Amazon and the local music stores. Here is a place she could be making some extra money on the side. All it costs her is a little time each day. Would you sit down and sign fifty Cd's a day if you knew each one was making you a profit of 8€-10€ ?

Last edited by ALS; 05-21-2013 at 12:03 PM..