View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 03:06 AM

george007 is on a distinguished road

As I remember, my cousin showed me a collection of videos of Alizee's live performances, in 2007 when I was about 13. He (my cousin) was learning French back then and I asked him whether he understands the lyrics of these songs. His reply was "I understand none of these, but I think that this girl is very beautiful" I was wondering what was so special about this girl (maybe because I was too young). Since then I've been familiar with a few of the songs from her first two albums, but I never searched about her personal info or her current status.

Alizee was just another female singer to me, until I "accidentally" came across the En Concert DVD in January,2013. While watching the video I realized that she was more than just a singer and performer. I was fascinated by the way she interacted with the audience, the way she behaved on the stage and I really liked the songs ACC and L'e-mail a des ailes which I hadn't heard before.

After that I decided to search more about her on the web, found info about the albums Psych & UEDS and forthcoming album 5 and eventually ended up here. I asked my cousin whether he knows this forum and was disappointed to hear that he isn't interested in Alizee's music anymore. If not for my cousin I wouldn't have discovered her at all. So, that's my story