View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon Maquis View Post
Oh AC Mix...your sooooo true in everything you say. That's why I do post much anymore on here. There used to be a hardcore group of fans that would actually go out and do things. Now all I see is....I love her eyes...I love her lips, I love her hair...and no one is really doing anything anymore. There was no Alizee news back in the day, so you had to make your own....like did you see what I did today...or I went to the clubs and had them play Alizee music and here is the video of everyone dancing to it...now you see none of that...

A lot of people are all talk...I think you remember when Alizee has shows in Mexico. You would of think more fans would have went from the US, but nope...Just Ben an Roman and I think 1 other...but they did not go to all the shows like we did AC Mix...They all backed out and made excuses...then they all felt guilty for not going and waited for the last minute to go to Paris show...but then it was too late...lack of ticket sales made that happen because lack of support. But Alizee blamed it on her manager...yeah ok...I was the FIRST person to know weeks in advance that show as ...and I was the one who bitched about it saying you better tell your fans because if you dont say something they are going to lose a lot of money in plane tickets and hotels.....then the hand written letter came a day later.

After that bull shit I was done being a fan...the lack of respect of her knowing WAY in advance the show was canceled and not telling anyone.

I would say things about Alizee and fans would jump down my throat for saying its not true...Like the whole Jérémy Chatelain things....me and AC Mix...talked about them not being together since 2008. But fans would say no thats not true...Im sorry but when you see Alizee in Mexico and Jérémy Chatelain would not even be around her...I'm sorry but if I had a girlfriend of was (fake) married, then I would want to be around her all the time...they were never together you can tell they hated each other...

Sooo thats why I kinda of gave up....the lack of respect she gave her fans. I know you got 80 CD's signed recently. Oh wow...it was like pulling teeth to get her to autograph CD's for her US fans and she did not even take the time to personalize them. Not like she can't give an hour of her time to write people names on them. Not like she offered the Forum to sign the CD's....you had to almost force her to sign them. Actually you had to BUY her autograph because she wont sign anything for free if you were to write her. SOoo see my point...that stuff is the truth and the truth hurts. She has time to go out with Dancerman to dinner almost every day, but cant give an hour to her fans....

Sooooo I gave up on Alizee and took my knowledge and what I learned from promoting Alizee stuff in the US and put it to good use. I helped Yelle and Melissa Mars with my ideas and my connections I made over the years. Yelle has a VERY successful concerts in the US and also toured with Katy Perry...Melissa Mars is now living in LA since I helped her with connections I made in LA. Now she has filmed 4 US movies in the last year, soon to be in theaters in 2014....these connections could of been Alizee's...but she just gave up....she had Mexico by the balls and just gave up....sooo sad...

But you guys can still enjoy her doing a TV show singing playback every now and then and doing a showcase singing someone else's music when Im going to Yelle concerts in the US and watching Melissa's movies in theaters...

I'm not trying to be mean...I'm just stating truth....

People make a lot of excuses...like she can't be promoted in the US people dont know her....Melissa Mars is not known in the US. Her English was bad like Alizee...and I walked into a casting directors office in LA and said this is Melissa Mars... AC Mix... was there to witness this...sooo there is no excuse why Alizee can't do the same.

Thats the difference of old Forum members and the new ones of today...It took a lot of BALLS to do some of the stuff we did, but it worked.
I know that most of the current members here either don’t have the ability, time or desire to invest in promoting Alizée the way you did in the past. The head of this site doesn’t even come here, nor does he have any interest. Those of us left just keep the lights on and try to keep the place in order.

But MM, it seems you are contradicting yourself in a way. On the one hand, you are being critical of the members here for not stepping up to the plate for Alizée like you did, and yet you go on to say that you discovered it wasn’t worth it in her case. Your post just provided a number of reasons why we shouldn’t try to promote her in the US. As a matter of fact, I remember you hinting around quite a bit about these issues concerning Alizée here in the past, like you were trying to open up people’s eyes to the truth about Alizée. Did you ever stop to think that maybe your posts here played a part in discouraging people from such promotion efforts? That maybe you even played a part in getting fans to drop Alizée and leave here?

I think the people here now are just enjoying Alizée for what she does offer, but have no illusions about actually getting her to the USA. For me personally, I would have to say that you convinced me long ago to not even bother to try. If someone as well connected and experienced as you couldn’t succeed in getting Alizée to do what you wanted, I sure believe I would even have less of a chance.

In a nutshell, you seem to be criticizing people for not doing what you, yourself are no longer willing to do. I’m sorry, but it makes no sense to me.