View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
Trying to promote her almost anywhere is totally pointless.
Remember she doesn't play live or have concerts anywhere so the chances of her playing in the US are nil.
Until she sorts herself out and makes a decision if she actually wants a career or not there is nothing anyone on this Forum or anywhere else can do that will make the slightest difference.

Well Lefty, Im just trying point out what others did in the past and what people are doing on this forum right now. I remember the good old days when it was fun and Im sure a lot of older members remember those times. What I am trying to point out is that, we USED to go out and do things and make things happen. Getting a DJ was fun watchin people people dance to Alizee songs. It was not just about promotion, it was fun to just get out and do things. Now those things have stopped. No one really does anything any more other then Scruffy. He tries to just get the word out there to get new fans and to let others find Alizee.

On the other had what I am saying is that Alizee does not respect her fans who work hard for her (why has she not gone back to Mexico). I learned that and I think a lot of other older fans learned that really quick. There is nothing wrong with doing your own promotions, but if you expect Alizee to back you, you can just forget about that. Like Junkmale said, Alizee has to be the one who wants to do it. We learned that when we had a TV show for Alizee to appear on in the US. It was a show dedicated to her and her music...What artist would turn that down ??? I'm not telling anyone to not do there own promotions, Im just saying if you land something big, you better make sure she has your back.

So FALL, the stuff we did for other artists that worked...it would have worked for Alizee too. They worked because the artists had our back. I have a full time job. I dont just sit around used to work on Alizee promotions all day. I would just write and email or call something...that takes what...10 minutes of my time ? My and AC Mix... were a 1 man show most of the time. So you dont need a team. You just need google and some good ideas to make things happen.

And Lefty, yes I did say things the past about Alizee. I said these things so other people would see the things that happened in the past and not get hurt themselves. Like I just said above....if I would have known ahead of time Alizee did not have our backs, then I would not have promoted her in such way like TV shows...it would have be other methods where it did not need her support to back us. So for all future Alizee promoters out there...do it because you want to do it and watch people learn about Alizee. If there is enough buzz, maybe someday Alizee will change her mind. But for someone who calls her self an artist, I would think she would do free concerts on the streets because she loves to perform and sing songs, but it more of lets just do play back for everything and try to get by as a real artist....real artists enjoy performing in front of people and watching there faces...but I think until she changes her ways and performs HER OWN MUSIC, no one will take her serious.