View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon Maquis View Post
One of the things I see over and over in France is that they have this group of artists that they rotate over and over again....Shy'm, Pascal Obispom, Lorie, Nolwenn Leroy, etc...How many times can you see them over and over again in France. They are like on every TV show. From what I learned talking to French singers is that no one cares that your on those shows because your on them so much. It's not a big deal anymore since they go on them over and over again. Alizee being on those French shows really does nothing for her.

As a frenchman , I couldn't agree more... This is exactly... and let me stress this again , exactly what's been happening in my country for the past decade.

Some call it the Enfoirés' curse in the way that Les Enfoirés' image has considerably deteriorated in the french public opinion. In France it's called the "beauf" phenomenon ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beauf ) ... and most singers when entering LE unknowingly start taking a path starting out as popular successful idols and leading them down to be despised dinosaurs of the beauf-ish side of french music, while new freshly discovered singers replace them .

Sad but true reality

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..