View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
I voted the last few days (not much maybe 30 or so votes) even though I don't usually take part in these things.

Anyway I liked the idea one member here posted a few pages back about it making Alizée atleast feel good about herself. Well I'm more down for buying her cd's, but now it seems this voting thing is just futile anyway, unless we buy votes.

I could only afford 10 euro's but i haven't made my mind up yet on whether I should even bother or not.. I was thinking if a few of us here purchased 10 votes that could boost her some though, but would it be enough?

So what's the deal now? I've never been much good with these things.. do we purchase votes or just vote as when we can and feel a sense of doing something good for our girl whether she wins or not?
I have voted too, but it reminds me of a similar thing that went on a few years back. They also allowed you to buy votes. All the Alizée fan sites worked very hard to vote for Alizée and she ended up winning. As far as I know, very few of her votes were bought. The result was that they put her on their wall of fame on their site, or some BS like that. Nothing came of it and nobody outside the Alizée fan world took notice, except for the angry fans of the other artists who lost. Several months later the site was gone, or at least the part with the voting results. It was fun to participate and watch the votes pile up, especially since Alizée won. But I'm afraid that was the only good that came out of it, the fun of a little competition and the good feeling it gave the fans to stand up and be counted for Alizée.

I haven't researched the site who is running this vote, so I don't know if this vote has any value whatsoever. I also find it distasteful that they would sell votes. As far as I know, they are making money off of the fans and returning nothing of value to the artists. And it's the principle of the thing for me. I think the idea of them selling votes is kind of disgusting. In my opinion, the fact that you can buy votes wipes out any legitimacy this contest would otherwise have.

My take on it is to encourage fans to vote if they want to and if they are enjoying the competition. But I guess I wouldn't recommend that anybody buy votes. I can't help but to feel the fans that are paying are being taken advantage of. And in the end, a victory will be much sweeter if we didn't buy it.