View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 11:26 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Thanks Stephen.

As far as Psych, it was probably a source of a great deal of pride and happiness for her, being it her comeback album and the success she had on her tour abroad, but most of that success in Mexico was due to JAM and ML. Though ML was about 7 years old at that point, the people of Mexico had only found out about it and JAM and the other great songs of MCE and Gour in the few years prior to her concerts there.

When she came back to Europe, she initially had 4 concerts scheduled I believe it was, then that was whittled down to 1 in Paris. That one was cancelled, rescheduled for 6 months later and cancelled again in a city that was then her home and dont try to blame the tour manager. The French public knew what she was capable of and the Psych show fell well short of that in the music and in the show.

So the fact she couldn't hold a concert or sell many cds in France had to be a major disappointment to her. I doubt if she ever really figured out why she did well in Mexico, but not in her home country.

Now we are seeing true success for Alizee. It's not based on JAM or ML or Psych or UEDS or 5. This success comes solely from her great dancing ability and it is happening right now. In fact, she more or less came in with a handicap. For some reason, it seems a lot of French people have something against her or maybe it's that they believe all her success was due to MF and LB. Now they are finding out she is a great artist in her own right.

You add on top of that how much this success she is having in front of Annily means to her, then as far as what Alizée thinks, I think she has to be bursting with happiness with the success she is having here. She might be somewhat disappointed that it's keeping her away from Ajaccio too long, but I think she can live with that for a while longer.

I've often wondered what it must be like when she gets together with her peers at Les Enfoires each year she goes. They probably ask her how her latest album is doing and when she will be holding a concert. It's probably a subject she quickly changes, but come january, they will all know of her success and there will be a million questions and there wont be any changing of the subject.

So for her, I'd say without a doubt, this has to be the best of the post MF times.

For fans here, I guess a lot depends on which album you like the best which will determine what part of this era you like. Before DALS came along, it was the non album, album (more on that later) that had me leaning in this direction, then DALS came along and the choice for me was obvious.