View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 12:17 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Haha dude. I had to come here and post since I am a HUGE soccer/football fan (even though most of the soccer fans who were buddies of mine on this site has long since left). I could not BELIEVE that France qualified. I saw the Leg 1 on Friday and was totally disappointed. I thought France wasn't going to qualify. But then I checked the score on ESPN today and was totally estatic. Everyone in France is excited.

I visited the french site tf1 which I have been visiting since 2006 WC (I view the site via Google Translate - it translates the entire site) and people in Alizee's home country is totally excited. It's like a bomb that went off once France scored the 3rd goal. Overcoming a 2 goal deficit is very, very hard at this competitive level.

It would have been just wrong and weird if a powerhouse and a great country like France hadn't made it to the World Cup. I would have only had to root for USA.

By the way, I see you are Diego Mardona fan, I was too when I was little, I remember when I was little I got all excited to see Diego Maradona in WC '94, too bad we didn't get to see much of him in '94 due to the steroid scandal. Easily one of the best players to play the game along with Pele, Zidane, Brazil's Ronaldo.

Ever since he left the game, Argentina hasn't been the same. I was a Argentina fan before I became a huge France fan with Zidane.

Hopefully, in this World Cup we will get to see Messi shine, now that he is much older and more experienced.

I hope Alizee is sleeping better tonight with a smile on her face. I know that she is a Soccer fan, she posted a pic of herself wearing a jersey of France's Loris (France's goalkeeper, before Euro 2012 started). Such a relief that France qualified. (whew!)
Yeah, most of the people who've posted on here are gone, but you can count on me to post here now and then.
I couldn't say I'm a huge fan that knows what's going on everywhere, but I do love the sport, I've been watching since I was a kid too

Agreed, if France and the other powerhouse teams/previous winners don't at least qualify, it couldn't be the same.

Messi is a great player, I'm sure he'll do very well. But I'll be rooting for France (of course!) USA and Brazil, the hosts I hope Brazil doesn't let us down, I was hoping South Africa would get farther last time