Thread: AF forum
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 09:59 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
If a new fan-site comes up, it won't survive for long. You just can't bring back all old members. They won't bother joining the site at all.
You would definitely lose some. I think one of the key words you used is "old". Me and you have spoken privately but also in this forum about that proverbial wall you hit in which your like for a certain performer, isn't what it was before. Look at a guy like Roman who was a dedicated fan, but things change over the years so I think those not necessarily older in terms of age, but fans who have been following her for a number of years are the ones who would lose that comfort zone in going to a different forum.

The main thing that would make a new forum successful in bringing in new members and bringing back old members would be Alizée. If Alizée's recent string of success and activity continues, then those members on the fence will want to keep in touch with what's going on and I think these forums offer a much better platform for fans than other things like Facebook. Another key to a new forum being successful as far as bringing back older fans is having some of the key members return such as Jenny and you too though I know since you've left college and started working, haven't had the time you used to have.

I hope AF survives this, but I think the timing is as good as it will ever be for a new forum to start up.