View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 06:09 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Since getting back from Europe, I've listened to the song numerous times to get a better feel of why I don't like the chorus section. I did have a knee jerk reaction to it when I first heard it and also to her blonde hair.

I think the main reason I don't like it is mainly because of how the word blonde sounds. I think one of MF's best abilities was to choose lyrics that sounded good. Amelie was used numerous times in the chorus of Amelie, but it sounded beautiful when Alizee sang it. This chorus just doesn't sound that good to me and as I said before, she needs a couple of songs wiith this album that can make it into the top ten or pretty close to it.

If you look at her songs that became singles, they all had good choruses. It's so important because a chorus section usually get's used 2 or 3 times in a song. The rest of the song isn't bad, kind of catchy, but I still don't think it has what it takes and one of the reasons for that is that it seems like the French public is not an easy sell and that seems even more so for a French singer.

A good video could help this song out quite a bit, but I don't think it will be enough.

She needss notibly better on the secnod song that will be released for this album. Of course, there could be some sleeper songs on the album the way PLP was for Psych, but by the time they realized it, it was too late, plus this was a song, that should have had a video along with it.

The one thing I really don't know how to gage is the new fans she gained with DALS. How many fans did she gain? Are they fans of just the dancing Alizee or will they be fans of her music too, which I think would be the case. Will they be a tough sell for her, or fans like us who will buy her albums even if they're not top notch? Time will tell I guess. Maybe it will be enough to turn the tide.

As far as her not wanting commercial success. I believe the target number for "5" was 15,000. That certainly doesn't sound like and overly ambitious or greedy number for Sony to ask for especially if you consider the cost of the musicians, song writers and others they provided for producing the album, plus they must have put a lot into promoting her and as I've said before, if she's not interested in commercial success, she shouldn't be working with a company like Sony.