View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 01:38 PM

george007 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

I think the main reason I don't like it is mainly because of how the word blonde sounds. I think one of MF's best abilities was to choose lyrics that sounded good. Amelie was used numerous times in the chorus of Amelie, but it sounded beautiful when Alizee sang it. This chorus just doesn't sound that good to me and as I said before, she needs a couple of songs wiith this album that can make it into the top ten or pretty close to it.
And there's also the song Youpidou! It also repeats many times in the song but doesn't sound weird cause it's a nice-sounding word with enough vowels in it.
Blonde however has only one accountable vowel [with "e" being silent] and is not a good word to end a song line with IMO.
I feel they really should have paid more attention to the chorus part and about how to incorporate the word blonde into it. But anyway the rest of the song is really nice and the song itself is upbeat and catchy.
And I'm sure there would be some great and much better songs in the album because the first single is not always the best song in her recent albums.

Last edited by george007; 03-23-2014 at 01:52 PM..