View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 06:51 AM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka View Post
I've just been wondering...

Surely she would have left them eventually, the same way as kids leave their parent's nest. In the end, I think that she would find herself in a similar situation, even if she had done one or two more albums with them...
I think you make a valid point here. We can all speculate as to what might have happened had she stayed with them but it's fairly pointless. The fact is, she is where she is now and probably would have been somewhere close to that whatever happened.

The whole business of her leaving MF & LB was what sparked my interest in Alizee. I have always wondered why she did that and my best guess was that she felt increasingly uncomfortable acting out the roles that MF assigned to her. I base that on her mannerisms in her videos - especially the later ones - and the manner in which she walked out so suddenly. If Jeremy played a part in all of that I think it was more about giving her the courage to do it rather than persuading her to do it.

Mylene and Alizee are completely different in terms of performance style. I've watched all of Mylene's performances and Alizee was never going to be anything like that. Perhaps I shouldn't say 'never' but I'd be very surprised if Alizee ever emulated Mylene's raunchy style in a performance. I just don't think it's in her character to do that. Put simply, I think Alizee finds that sort of thing a bit distasteful.

Last edited by Panther; 05-03-2014 at 06:54 AM..