View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 01:35 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I think a key word you used here is entertain. She just doesn't know how to entertain. Time and time again we see her wearing these mediocre outfits on stage and time and time again, we see her in great looking outfits off stage. People want to see beauty on stage, beauty of voice, of looks, of dance. The song isn't bad, but it needs help from her looks and from her dancing and it doesn't get it; not because of the dancing which I think is good, but mainly due to the outfits she chooses. There is no beauty in them and because of that, it takes away from her dancing. People don't want to see Susan Boyle dancing on stage and though Alizee is far from that, she puts on a show that has little appeal, but as DALS showed, it could easily be so much better. She knows how to sing. She knows how to dance, but she doesn't know how to entertain and there's a world of difference.
You're right, Alizee's dancing is good enough, but her drab costumes on stage are mystifying. Your advice is common knowledge to anyone in or out of the entertainment business, especially after Elvis took to imitating Liberace's flamboyance. Who doesn't know this stuff? If Alizee learned anything from Mylène Farmer, I would think she would have learned to put a little flash into her performance, a little exotica, some sex appeal. She's got it. Why not flaunt it? Alizee knows how to do that without being vulgar. Look at her background dancers. One has a bun on her head and the other is wearing braids, and they're dressed to mop the floor and wash the windows. Is this supposed to appeal to young people? I'm sure that when teenagers look at those dancers, they see their mothers up on the stage. How cool is that? Alizee shouldn't be afraid to stand on stage with other attractive women. They could help to light the stage and add excitement to her performance.

And look who Alizee has to compete against:

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morten_DK View Post
Here is where Alizée sing live

and it sounds great

Thanks for the video. It does sound great.

Last edited by Shepherd; 07-15-2014 at 01:35 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts