View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 11:28 AM
HipHopHead

Jacotey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmin View Post
If you please, could you post the rest of your examples?
I never focus that much on the lyrics (except such songs like Rêver, Je te dis tout, Dans mon sac, Mon chevalier etc.), so my views are rather about the musicial composition of certain songs. Sorry if they seem to be irrational and weird

Dessine-moi un mouton sounds for me like a waste from Anamorphosée. Such song would perfectly fit to the 4th album, just perfectly. On the other hand Rêver sounds like it has been created for Innamoramento. Both songs could have been swapped without a problem. Anyway I think that it's very smart - without these songs the albums would be too rock/too calm.

Peut-Être Toi, Dégénération, SeXtonik, C'est dans l'air, Oui... mais non, Lonely Lisa, Du temps and Sois moi - Be Me (both are from Les Mots, so they are not a problem). All these songs would make an awesome 'electronic' album, I would really love to hear more songs like Oui... mais non, it's in my TOP3 of all time, maybe it's even TOP1. In the first four songs I can hear some similarities and feel the atomosphere of Avant que l'ombre and Point de suture (for me both albums are so similar, I'm sure that I would not say which songs are from which album Except the best and the most popular ones of course ). But I can't find a place in Bleu Noir for Oui... mais non and Lonely Lisa, RedOne's music just does not fit to the Moby's one. But I'm really happy that these songs have been created anyway.

Maybe I'm exaggerating, because she has just created such album like Monkey Me, all the songs included on that one are perfectly fitted. And I assume that it is her idea to balance the music genres on the albums. She's doing it perfectly.