View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 05:45 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

For my part, I want it to be understood that I didn't think this performance was horrible. I just don't think it is as good as it could or should be. As far as Alizée's English singing, I have always adored her accent. It always bothers me when people criticize her for singing in English.

As far as her En Concert DVD, one should know that many concerts like this are recorded in the concert hall when there is no audience present. As many takes as are needed will be done to get a good one for each song. The performer can sit or stand in one place which helps to do a better vocal performance. Often times they will even get some of their closeup shots at this time. At the real concert with the audience present, they will record everything again. That's when they will get a lot of the audience footage and sounds, along with the shots. When they make the final video for the DVD, they lay whatever audio tracks work best on top of the video to provide the best sound and footage. In some cases they may use the live recording, and in some cases they will fly in the audio recorded earlier. Sometimes they will even sweeten up the audio in a studio afterward by overdubbing something. Anyway, this is why you will sometimes find a recording of another live concert that doesn't sound as good as the official DVD. How En Concert was recorded, I can't say for sure. But it wouldn't surprise me if that's how it was done. If I remember right, Ben had confirmed this long ago on this site. There are certain songs on the DVD though that I believe came from the live performance.

Finally, I would point out that the Lillytown video posted above sounds like it has had the audio from the album laid on top of it.