Thread: Memory Lane
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 08:39 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I'll post it here. A few weeks ago we were talking about different ways of making fan videos and we discussed syncing music with the movement or the singing in one video with the video of another. At the time I meant to bring up a couple of my other videos The songs were both from Alizee's blond album.

The first one was K.O. I liked the song, but Alizee didn't perform it, so I decided to try and put together a video using clips from other videos. I tried this with Coeur deja pris and the results were disappointing. Where it was a slow song, I only had a few songs to work with so I had to use scenes where she wore different outfits and it just didn't work out well. But with K.O., there were more songs with a faster pace that worked perfectly with this song. I think it came out very well and now I have a video I enjoy watching, when I want to hear the song.

So the success with that song, gave me the idea to try it with Alcaline. I wasn't thrilled with the outfits she wore when she performed it, so I decided to see what it would be like to do the same thing with this song. Again I was surprised at how well things went and I have another video I really enjoy watching. One of the things that most pleased me was not just the syncing the voice with the video, but also the action in the video also went well with what was going on in the song.

Another hard part was the interpretation. There were several interpretations out there, but none really fit what was going on in these songs and I spent a long time trying to figure it out because a direct interpretation often doesn't really fit the story, and I had to work out what the writer wanted the story to tell.

I have to add that Ray was a big help with this. I'd do some work on it and send it to him to view it and he'd often point out mistakes. It made for a much better video.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-11-2018 at 09:00 PM..