View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 09:39 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
We've seen very little over the years that connects Alizee with anything religious, that is until Annily's first communion and her own wedding in a church. But I still believe she is much more superstitious than religious. When I first saw this image, something of a religious nature popped into my head, but then I realized, this is Alizee, so it must be something else. As far as the Dior on the image, I'm sure that is in reference to the watch and not that wrist band, but that wristband could be in reference to Dior and again with Alizee, it makes much more sense that it would be something connected to a fashion designer.
I think Alizee has always been spiritually-minded, but not necessarily religious. I remember in some of her early interviews, she mentions that she believed in reincarnation, and somewhere else, she said she used to mess with Oujia boards (haven't we all tried that when we were young?). If anything, it showed she had at least given some thought to things outside of this life, even though she wasn't well grounded in any particular religion.

Childbirth changes things for a lot of women, and protecting your child from the evils of the world is a priority. There probably was not much discussion of religion in her first marriage since she married a Jewish man, and most Jews are not practicing Jews. But after that marriage was done, I started noticing her cross earrings and cross bracelet she would wear every so often. Many find comfort in religion during rough times in life, so perhaps that was the start of something in her life. Remarriage in a church I think is significant. Maybe Gregoire is a religious man, who knows?

I know discussing religion is taboo, so I'm going to stop here. I just noticed a few changes in her over the years on this topic, so I thought I would add my 2 cents.