View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 08:21 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
What do you all think? If anyone would like to offer an edit or alternative version, please feel free to do so! When we're satisfied, we can then finally update the homepage.
I have been taking some mental notes of some things that members had commented in chat or in a forum post that would improve the web site, plus I have my own ideas. I am just going to list them all out in bullet points so I can just get them all out there in one place. This is a "wish list" only and there are no expectations tied to them.

What makes the suggestion process difficult in this case is we do not know what the limitations are, whether it be a limitation of talent, money, time or the software this site was developed with. In any case, here is the list.

* Allow non-registered users to view chat, but not be able to post until they register. Have it viewable from the landing page. (of course, some recent conversations would have to be scrubbed).

* Adding language packs to the site to attract international members. A few language that come to mind is Spanish, Russian, and French.

* Convert the landing page to HTML5 for a more modern, dynamic experience. Some of our younger members had expressed that a redesign of the site to something more modern would be appropriate.

* Update the forum to a more recent version but still retain all history.

* Change the strategy in which site donations are collected. There should be more transparency of annual operating costs, financial goals should be made viewable to members and progress toward goals should be regularly updated.

* A forum should be created that is private to members only. This thread is a good example of something that should not be visible to non-members.

* How about a forum for other French singers? There might be a thread created for Lorie, once the web crawlers do their business, a Lorie fan might end up on this site after a web search.

* The landing page is probably what most chatter has been about. There is at least one dead link, and the Podcast is not relevant anymore. It can be a work in progress and evolve in steps, but taking that first step has been the hardest.