View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 03:56 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Hi everyone! Hungarian fan represent here.

It's been a long time since I was last here but I just found the forum again after looking for possible discussions of Alizée's Warsaw performance. I was also there and it was wonderful to hear her sing live for the first time in my life.
Just like Jenny, I didn't really care whether there would be background singers or dancers and a whole lot of fluff around her, I generally don't. I didn't expect it much either, especially since this was an outdoor stage as part of a festival, not exactly her own concert to set up.
The production was still great, with the lighting and all, and after the initial sound problems it all came together. And at least during the cutouts you could hear she was really singing! I know it's not a good enough reason as it can set her off but she handled it like a pro and her voice was lovely.

For someone who by far prefers her 3rd, 4th and 5th albums (especially the latter two), I was over the moon that she sang some of the singles from all of them. I would gladly have scrapped Alcaline for Fifty-Sixty or Happy end (or basically anything ) but there you are. Her earlier hits didn't mark my teenage years so I don't have this longing nostalgia for her performances and her look of almost 15-18 years ago, but you have to admit that those songs can really make a party (and they did! ).

Having reread your earlier posts on this thread I'd say your concerns were unfounded. I personally think she does honestly enjoy singing, you could feel she missed being on stage like that, she was in her element - at least that's the impression I got. I don't really think she would do it only for the money, that's not the person she seems to be. Hopefully it's only the beginning of a series of similar performances where she chooses songs from all of her albums. Personally, I could go without "Blonde" but the songs of "UEDS" and "5" sooo deserve to be sung and heard on stage! Starting with Les collines was a smart idea, it had a little mysterious edge, and it set the tone for the rest to come.

I think there were around at least 500 people, possibly more, it was really crazy! Yes, it was free and there were people from other countries, plus those who did not come specifically for her, but still, it was a real treat! ^.^ I'm so happy I didn't have to go as far as Mexico to hear her sing.
Hi Principessa;
It's good to hear back from you and thanks for your comments on the performance. I prefer Alacaline to Fifty-Sixty but it all comes down to personal taste and very few people here I'm sure could ever completely agree on what list of songs she should have sung, but I thought it was a good mix.