View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 06:38 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
Wow! I admit I am not very knowledgeable about that country. What spectacular photos. Makes me want to get on a plane!
A year ago I knew very little about Corsica. Since then I have spent a decent amount of time learning about their history and culture. During that time, I think I understand Alizee a little bit better. Corsican culture was influenced more by Italy than France historically. If Corisca could sustain itself financially, it would rather be an independent country because it has always been occupied by invaders except for a short period of independence a few hundred years ago.

Alizee's strong family bond and love of Corsica is something that is cultural, as Corsicans are very nationalistic and proud of their island. I believe that if Gregoire would have not agreed to move there, their relationship probably would not have lasted. I'll go as far to say that during the years that Alizee lived in Paris, she felt like a fish out of water. It was probably better before she got married, but after getting married and having Annily, she probably wanted to go home.