View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 01:49 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
This might sound paranoid or maybe overdoing it, but I think Alizée needs not only a very proactive PR person, as you mention, CleverCowboy, but it might be time for her to consult an attorney who is knowledgeable in this area. This sounds very tangled indeed, and when things get this tricky it’s often wise to get expert, professional guidance.
Not paranoid at all. I would be shocked if they hadn't consulted their lawyer already, and I am pretty sure her and Greg have one. These international incidents get tricky, of course. It would not be worth it for O.S. to attempt to sue Alizee, and they will probably lose. She exercised her contractual option. If O.S. was uncomfortable with that part of the contract, why did they sign it? A more common international lawsuit is for slander and libel, and O.S. came very close to, or stepped over that line. However, Alizee would have to file the lawsuit in Mexico. But why bother? She is just a small time act now, and yes, she got some mud flung at her, but she flung a little mud herself (calling them amateurs). In my opinion, any reputable lawyer would tell her to leave this alone now.