View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 12:57 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well I've rooted for her early on. She's a beautiful young lady with a very nice voice and I think with an album produced by M/LB, she will do well and in the long run, she might do better than Alizée numbers wise, but there is something intangible that Alizée brought to the table. It can't be manufactured and it can't be duplicated and it will be a long time before we ever see the likes of Alizée again, if we ever see that again.
There have been negative comments on SEXTO that LB failed to keep up with the trends, music-wise. But, I don't feel LB would touch hip-hop. He composes what he wants, and he excels at it. It's up to the girl to deliver it well, which I think Julia did. It's up to the consumer whether they like it or not.

Like you said, Julia still is no Alizee. While I am of course biased, even when I look at it objectively, there is a recurring theme coming from the viewers of Alizee, that she is something special. I just don't think we will see it repeated in a single person.