View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 11:31 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRafe View Post
The ending of that "appearance" "threw her a curve ball" that she was not at all prepared for, methinks, and she was kind of caught "off guard" for about a minute or so, until she "recovered" and had the presence of mind to "summon" some "arm candy" from her "team" to act as "defensive camouflage" and "distraction", to get her out of the" solo" "spotlight", for the rest of the segment.

And yeps, I pretty much think that she is not a "party animal" either, and only really relaxes amongst her select, "chosen few" friends, which is not a bad thing at all, in her situation.

The world really does not need to know anything about the "real" Alizée at all, really. She gets to have a life, "her life".
I think maybe they were expecting Alizee to sit back and get comfy with the guys and she had nothing to do with that, sitting straight up. As a rule, she seems to like to keep her distance, especially with men, but she will push out her cheeks to be kissed if she trusts them. She obviously enjoys the affection, and there is no shortage of men who want to kiss her.

Alizee strikes me as a pretty honest person. I don't think the "real" Alizee is much different than what has been revealed about her publicly, either by her or other sources. People that have bumped into her on the street and even Scruffy walking into her dance studio last year have reported consistently the same Alizee.

Scruffy had posted a real quick interaction between her and Gregoire where he is asking her to be a certain way that is not herself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9-Y-l8ot_c

I have seen a picture of Alizee drinking a glass of champagne with her father, and maybe she partied a bit when she moved to Paris pre-Annily, my hunch is that she experienced the party scene and determined it wasn't for her. She seems more inclined to enjoy a bottle of wine with her guy, a few friends or family members than going to big parties where she ends up with a lampshade on her head.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
In her stage performances, she is always prepared. Despite being shy and at moments of compassion teary-eyed, beneath the surface, she is a strong, intelligent woman. I love her expressions in this video when all the guys are kissing her for her victory.
She was impressively quick on which songs she knew. Marvin Gaye even.. She did not let the distractions of the game show setting keep her from concentrating. The video is good glimpse of a different side of Alizee.

Her expressions were great. I love that accent she has when she pronounces English.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
That's why I'm curious about her dad--- intelligence is quite hereditary. So if her father has an I.Q. of 115, Alizee could have an I.Q. of 115. If her father has an I.Q. of 130, Alizee could have an I.Q. of 130. Etc.

If her dad is a computer guy, then he would have an I.Q. somewhere above 100. (Of course, his i.q. could be 105 or something like that-- technically "above average" but nothing to write home about.)

110-120 would be my "guesstimate" for Alizee.
Her father's intelligence is a given, being an engineer. Definitely above average but as you suggest, we don't know by how much. I would be interested in her mother as well. Maybe she wasn't a "working" woman (outside the home), but that has no reflection of intelligence. The wife of a good friend chose to stay home and raise their children, and she is a walking encyclopedia, even without a college degree.

Your range for Alizee seems like a pretty reasonable estimate.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 01-24-2019 at 11:31 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts