View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 09:53 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
My job title includes the word "Analyst". I get paid to overthink. It spills into my personal time as well, which can work against me. However, my favorite subject to "overthink" is Alizee.

Her personality while performing... is it even possible to practice this?

Oh dear...

Is it possible to practice the personality thing?

Well, you kind of know my background...

From the perspective of my "disciplines", yeps, it is, unfortunately, but "conditionally".

The "Alizée" "personna/role" was a "concept" that was "mastercrafted" by a pair of "consummate experts" in their field, to fulfill a specific "function", and "address" a specific "niche" in the "Pop world".

To start off with, she was probably totally "prompted" and "coached", in "all" and "every" aspect of this "role", but then after quite a while, she made the whole "thing" more 'hers", and then we see more of something approaching the "real" Alizée.

So, initially, this was a wonderfully 'conceived", wonderfully "packaged", wonderfully "executed", "concept" product, "animated" and given "life" by a French teenager called Alizée.

Only later, when she was "established" was she allowed to develop it to where it was actually anything nearing her own personality.

Then we get to see the real Alizée...

I know it sounds a bit "weird" and "draconian", but that is "showbiz" for you.

Nothing about it is "real"...

Edit:

The "manufactured role" thing can be actually quite "scary"...

I had a colleague, who was a very "specialized" psychologist, and, after "profiling" you, she could be "anyone" female, that she "had" to be.

Now, I will admit, she WAS a "Spook"...

After that profile, this "girl" knew "exactly", "exquisitely", "where you lived", and you were left "utterly defenseless", for she knew EXACTLY what you wanted, needed and required.

To a "T".

We were very good "friends", and "dated" for a while, and we had this "game" going...

It was called "Seduce me", and "maaaannn, that were fun", it really was.

It was a case of "grab a Beer and some Chips", and wait and see what was going to "happen next".

Now, it never worked on me, for I was looking for it, (yeah, right, we'll say that), but she could be any one of say a hundred different personas, every one of them "appealing" in some aspect, some of them downright damn "Kryptonite", that would leave you "in a sweat" and with a "very dry mouth".

She was a consummate artiste, "of the first water".

The best.

A great friend, and a "stunningly good" tutor.

Hard to date someone when you don't really know who the hell they really are, or are not...

That sort of knocked the "shiny" off of the whole thing, and was effectively the "kiss of death" for that relationship.

Last edited by RedRafe; 02-19-2019 at 09:53 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts