View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
If you invite that level of insecurity into your life, having to give up Alizee would just be the beginning. I'm an older guy and never found Alizee to interfere with what I had going on in my life relationship-wise.
As a female, I have to say I agree, and I appreciate what you say. I would never be threatened by a man who was a fan of a celebrity. If anything, I would be impressed that he had that level of awareness and appreciation for beauty and talent. The only danger, of course, is if he somehow expected me to exist on a level that he imagined the celebrity would have.

I once knew a woman whose husband thought she spent all day at home wearing high heels and full makeup. She let him think that, and changed into his fantasy look each day before he came home. That was a sad, artificial relationship and not headed anywhere good.

It's just common sense. A man in a real life relationship with a woman can still have a deep admiration for Alizée without any danger to a healthy, real life relationship. It's only if he has unrealistic fantasies or expectations which get in the way that it could be a problem. Or, of course, if the woman is insecure.

Last edited by Bamagirl; 03-28-2019 at 12:17 PM..