View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 10:21 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Oookay…

Lets see “who” has been posting “what”…

Jo Jacotey has been posting some more utterly “class” stuff on his IG page, and the ones that personally “talk” to me are the “shots” below…

Talk about “art”… These are just “superb”, especially the first one…

"Enlightening", in many ways...

This gentleman really has talent, with a capital “T”…

If you want to see the rest of them, and they are all really cool, go checkout his IG page, quickly, for they are pretty likely to “vanish”, soon.

Also, Annily has posted another really good “shot” on her _annilychatelain IG page, taken “In Aiacciu” captioned “#ootd”.

A “sweet” shot of a sweet “little”, “little” lady, “showcasing” her “hometown” and some of her favorite new “gear”.

Utterly “cute” as always, and growing up “astonishingly” fast.”

Now, you remember that post I “dropped” earlier, about my friends “vacationing” in Corsica…

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRafe View Post
Now, speaking about Corsica, a pair of “Okie” friends of mine have just returned from a months vacation there, and they were so “disappointed”, for everything looked so “run down” and “old”, and “quaint”, and the food was just so “bland” and “tasteless”...
Well, if you look at this “shot” above, my friends would probably “moan” about this really cute young lady wasting her time, “posing” in front of a “rotten”, “cracked” old wall covered in graffiti, just like a lot of the “old” stuff there…

And… They would be only partially right…

When I look at this shot I see several things, apart from Annily being “cute”..…

The “Engineer” in me sees a very VERY old wall, that probably has a lot of “history” attached to it, and tries to analyze its “construction”, and the “materials” used, and how he would “duplicate” that “construction” method that built it in the first place, if he had to “repair” it…

The “CMT” in me sees the “materials” that constitute the wall, and wonders where he could either “buy”, “source” or “quarry” and “duplicate” them from, “authentically”, if he had to repair it, and then wonders if he could “restore” the wall to its “original” condition, and “how”, and with “what”…

And, the “Surveyor” in me is checking out the “dimensions” and “level” of “it”, and probably the surrounding locale…

Overall, I see “history”, “age”, and “wear”, through “repeated” use, and “prolonged” and “extended” habitation, that someone that comes from an “new” nation, “comparatively” and “relatively” speaking, might not be able to fully “grasp”, so to speak.

Oh, and the “food was just so “bland” and “tasteless”” issue, that my friends had well, I’m going to be honest, to my “palate” food in the USA is hugely “oversweetened”, “oversalted”, and just generally waay tooo “overseasoned” for me, but, at the end of the day, it “boils down to” what you are used to, I dare say.

I "love them to bits", they are truly "great guys", and they can't help it if their tastebuds are just totally "banjaxed"...

Apart from the above, nothing much else happening, really…

Y’all be safe, take care, and just generally be “excellent” to each other, ‘k…

Last edited by RedRafe; 05-13-2019 at 10:56 PM..