View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 05:14 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Beautiful setting.....beautiful girl.....with a beautiful voice....with a very good song provided by MF and LB. I definitely enjoyed it, but unlike as was the case with a video that corresponds to a similar point in Alizee's career and that is Moi Lolita Amsterdam, I wont be watching this video a hundred times tonight.

Mylene Farmer didn't have the physical beauty, the charm, the sexiness of Alizee, yet somehow she's done so well. Is it because of the sexual themes of many of her songs? I don't know and don't pretend to know, but I'm left wondering.

I haven't looked into the English translation of these lyrics yet. If sexual content was a big part of MF's success and if there is a lot of sexual content here, maybe for the same reason MF's songs have done so well, this song will do well. All I know is that long before I knew the meaning of what she was singing in her performance in Amsterdam, I fell in love with the music, the song and more importantly the singer.
#MESUISTROMPÉE is a definite step up from SEXTO as far as the music goes, and is more modern. The best part of SEXTO was the Making of SEXTO, because it had Alizee in it.

Julia is beautiful and has a fantastic voice, but is it enough? To be honest, this video left me thinking "Meh". The muscular trapeze guy reminded me of Alizee's "A contre-courant" official video. In comparison, Alizee has a different energy level than Julia does. Alizee is vibrant and compelling in the ACC video. Her mixture of beauty, sexiness, yet down to earth qualities just boggles the mind because it's not just a sexual theme that many if not most female singers try to convey.

The video seemed low budget with a lot of CGI. Maybe MF being cautious? I don't know what the song is about because I have not looked up the lyrics, but if it is about a sexual theme, in my opinion they would be better served extending the GLAM video to be full length.

For those who have not seen it...