View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 04:56 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Alizee not wanting to be photographed or seen pregnant could relate to the old European custom of expectant women staying out of the public's eye for the sake of modesty. Perhaps that's still a thing in Corsica. Even if it is, I think the primary reason Alizee stays out of sight is that she feels unattractive when carrying and doesn't want to be seen that way. Whatever her reason, to be out of sight for nine months is a long haul for her fans who, I imagine, are--with her career--slipping away.
I believe it was in this forum that I read an old post from a member who ran into Alizee eating lunch with a friend. I don't remember where it was, but from the age of the post I surmise it was Paris. He asked if he could take her picture and she agreed. However, she asked that he not publish it because she wasn't looking so great that day. Maybe she rolled out of bed late and didn't bother fixing her hair or putting on make-up. Maybe she didn't feel well. But bottom line is that she does care how she looks, especially if it is published for the world to see. I can't blame her.

If that has any bearing on her possibly staying out of sight for the next year and still wanting a career on the other side of this pregnancy, then Houston we have a problem. Most of the fair weather fans have been weeded out already. She now has a very devoted following. If she doesn't want a picture of her posted, then she can easily write notes to her fans, no picture needed.

I'm waiting....

Quote:
I have often wondered what Alizee thought about her fans' devotion. Does she really care?
I think she does care, but I don't think she fully understands the depth of it.

Quote:
Does she understand the intensity of their interest? Or does she simply feel she has a right to a private life and her fans should accept that?
Alizee is a self-admitted homebody. She probably has a lot of internal conflict, torn between wanting to live a private life but needing to be public. I think she enjoys performing and being social, but needs to "retreat" often.