View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 12:22 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
Come on... are people here really serious about this "Farmer/Boudennat school of dance" thing?

Its an error or its a prank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I'm thinking this is just a prank, but it makes me wonder how Google Earth gets its information on businesses like this.
I agree with Mr Coucou and Scruffy. I think it's either a prank or a joke. It may not be easy to prank Google, but it is easy enough to use Google to prank somebody else.

Do we know if their studio existed on Google previously? Because if not, anybody (including a disgruntled parent or student) could "claim" the studio's location and set it up as their own with whatever name they choose.

For example, you could probably add an Alizée Restaurant to an untagged or empty location at your nearest shopping center. Nobody would know until somebody saw it on Google Maps and tried to go eat there only to find a barber shop or something instead. Perhaps with enough such occurrences that barber shop might have to file a claim to Google to have the "restaurant" removed so they can add their own business.

I think it's somebody trying to pull a fast one on the local celebrity, trying to go for a sore spot.