View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 05:43 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Hi, Silencio. This seems to be a very interesting thread.
Anyway I don't know if the song I'm thinking about is appropriate: I usually don't focus too much on the lyrics and don't listen too many love songs, so I don't have many choices for this kind of questions about music.

Anyway, this is one of my favourite songs:

This video has the best audio, but I prefer the live version

And this is a good translation:

https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Ad...lation/english

I said that I don't know if it is appropriate because, if you read the lyrics, it is dedicated to a woman that he loves and is close to him. Obviously I'm not in this particular situation with Alizée, but a couple of nights ago I was listening to this song and I found me thinking about her.
This song gives me the idea of unconditional love and real feelings, so I feel as though, even though I'm so far from her, I have her by my side and can always count on her. I think I could dedicate it to her (maybe with some modifications for the reasons I said).
But, yes, if I'm thinking about Alizée, I can totally agree with some of its phares:
''It takes my breath away
if you're here it is too bright''

''My soul get expanded
like music in the summer'' [when I listen to her music or see her smiling]

''separed we are lost
we feel almost nothing
we are bound inside
by a love that gives us
the very strong conviction
that nothing will get us apart''

As you can see the song uses a lot of time ''we''. I can't use it with Alizée, but I like to think that I will always be there for her, despite the distance. Because she is always here to support me and I will always trust her.