View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 10:38 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
I don't know. I've never understood why she took Greg's surname. It's something that would be dated even for my grandmother... I see it just as a tradition from Ajaccio. I don't want to think that her mentality is 100 years old. I mean, even though she might want the man to lead (in a modern way), I think that in her ideal marriage man and woman have equal rights and decision-making power. She is too young and has traveled too much to have a different idea about this. At least I hope so.
I'm not sure what it's like in Italy, but a wife taking a husband's surname is still pretty much the norm in the US, even for young couples. Exceptions are women in show biz or some other kind of public figure. Middle America is by and large still pretty conservative about these things.

I'm sure Greg treats Alizee as an equal partner and they share decision-making. Their studio is, after all, A&G and not G&A.

I think women still like a strong man with the confidence to make tough decisions for the benefit of both. Nobody can be an expert at everything, so hopefully the final decision is made by the person who knows the subject area the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
... what you wrote here makes me think what I wrote above: she didn't like her life and saw Jeremy as a new path to follow. I don't think she knew what she was going to do, she probably dashed into that new life only to experience something different from a reality she didn't like anymore. And Jeremy probably took advantage of the situation here. And, as I said, everything was easier for him if it is true that Alizée had pushed her family away.
Getting married on a whim in Vegas, moving to Paris, having a child all sounded exciting to Alizee at first. Was it her rebellious period that she never had in Ajaccio? Possibly. Did she want an escape from Corsica? That is a possibility too, at least for a short period of time.

But yes, things went crashing down very badly for Alizee. In 10 ans, she sings

I became a ghost,
I became a bird in a cage.
You, you only spoke to the walls.
Without the cage,
I smiled at everything,
But I cried for nothing.

Very tough lyrics. They imply she was somehow trapped and he wasn't.