View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 04:42 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
As far as Alizee's marketability, I think she's still a very beautiful women when she's packaged the right way and I think too often after she left MF, she hasn't been packaged the right way and no I don't mean she has to wear the Jeam dress.
Let's think of it in terms of "comps" ("comps" as in real estate)...

Can you name another French singer in her mid-30's-- either now or in the past-- who is popular in the way that you would like Alizee to be popular? And then, how could Alizee be packaged so as to emulate this singer?

(Does that make sense?)

Edit:

Quote:
I also think she still has a lot of charm, a lot of je ne sais quoi that is something you can't teach. In the right hands I feel she should could easily make it big again.
In America, that would definitely be true. I'm not so certain about France.

Edit:

Quote:
What's in it for Mylene Farmer to work with Alizee again? It might make for a very interesting test, a challenge for Mylene. Alizee left MF and fell flat on her face. To make Alizee a star again would be quite a feather in Mylene's cap.
From Mylene's perspective, its probably more trouble that its worth. (In America it would be worth it... in France, more trouble than its worth.)

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Yes, but now Alizée has much more experience and she has already worked with Mylene. She already know Alizée's strengths and weaknesses and might leverage the nostalgia factor.
I don't think experience and nostalgia are enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Anyway many people followed Alizée only because she was Mylene's disciple... It's not the best kind of fans but it is already something.
Are you sure? I thought that most people followed Alizee because of Alizee and the music, rather than simply because she was Mylene's disciple.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 10-03-2019 at 04:42 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts