View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 12:00 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I think if Mylene tried to correct anything in Alizee, it would be her tendency to talk and sing out of the left side of her mouth. I don't think Mylene tried to change Alizee's personality at all.
If Mylene tried to discourage Alizee from favoring the left side of her mouth, then I think Mylene failed miserably.

Actually, I think the mouth thing is a plus. It gives Alizee character; it makes Alizee seem sly or something. If I was Mylene, I wouldn't haven't discouraged it at all. (If I were to remark about it, I would tell Alizee that I thought it was cute.)

The nose-scrunches are just a playful thing that Alizee does. In contrast, I think that Alizee's favoring of the left side of her mouth has a neurological basis.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
I think all her scrunches are a sort of impulsive reaction to music: in the same way some singers or musicians clap their hands, stomp their feet or move their heads, she does all those scrunches. It may "help" her to get the rhythm or on the contrary it is a consequence of that.
So I think it is a natural habit which she brings in her performances. Unconsciously, in my opinion.
We all experience impulses--- but we also choose whether to act on the impulses or not.

These musicians who clap and stomp--- their clapping and stomping is both impulsive and conscious. They experience an impulse to clap--- it "feels right" to clap--- and they act on that impulse. They are fully aware of what they are doing.

The same principle applies to Alizee's nose scrunches; her nose scrunches are both impulsive and conscious. Alizee is fully aware of what she is doing--- regardless of what people say on the forum.

In En Concert, you'll see Alizee do all kind of expressions and gestures--- for example, she'll do eye rolls. When she does an eye roll, its not "unconscious"--- she is fully aware that she is doing an eye roll. The nose scrunches are the same way.

Alizee does eye rolls and nose scrunches in En Concert as a way of relating to the audience. Techincally speaking, Alizee is "acting out" the songs--- that's what a skilled performer does when performing live. Alizee is fully aware of what she is doing; she knows what she is doing at all times.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 11-20-2019 at 12:51 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts