View Single Post
Old 11-29-2019, 12:43 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

The logistics of this gift has been discussed for months off the forum. The first hurdle was to decide if to send individual gifts or a group gift from AAM was the best. The concensus was to send a group gift along with a more personalized card that would identify the individual donors. Not only would it give AAm exposure, Alizee would know there are real people behind the gift.

I don't want to be callous, but sending Alizee cash to the studio is very impersonal. It's like giving a relative a Starbucks gift card for Christmas. Little thought involved. However, a group of Americans (and others of course) researching a store in Ajaccio where Alizee likes to shop and making arrangements to present her with a gift certificate shows that this was not an afterthought. I cannot speak for a woman, but the "thought that counts" certainly applies here more than the amount given.

Members here can choose to send a gift any way they desire, or not at all. The gift certificate will proceed regardless, and we are hoping to fill the card with many names. There is the trust factor involved with Johanna. I know I am one to trust her for her word.