View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 02:14 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

I too would go for the concert, although an album might renew Alizee's career. I would love to see that.

I had planned to attend the Blonde concert in Paris. This would have involved flying from San Antonio, TX, booking a hotel, theater tickets, and other expenses. I was looking at over $5 thousand (includes my wife) to attend a concert. While struggling to get the theater tickets, I discovered Alizee's tour was cancelled.

Then there was her show in Mexico. Mexico borders Texas, but Alizee planned to show in a city over a thousand miles from San Antonio. So again I'm looking at a couple thousand dollars plus the dangers of tourist being preyed upon by gangsters in Mexico. At that time Trump was taking Hispanic kids from their parents and putting the kids in concentration camps located in the deserts of the Texas panhandle. The kids (as young as infants) were housed in tents without air conditioning. Needless to say there was some bad feelings about that down Mexico way. So I was debating whether to risk my life to see Alizee. I was saved from that decision when that show was cancelled.

If Alizee played a venue as small as a nightclub, I would give serious thought to going there. There is not another entertainer in my lifetime that I would give any thought to expending so much money or exerting so much effort to see. Paying $60 bucks for a ticket to see any entertainer rubs me the wrong way, so you can imagine how much incentive it takes for me to seriously consider expending thousands of dollars and three or four days of my time to travel to the other side of the earth to see one little lady sing a song.

Last edited by Shepherd; 12-05-2019 at 02:42 PM..