View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 05:26 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Yes there were comments that were political in nature, but there was no bickering........no feuding. That line is crossed every once in a while and in this case it was no big deal. When it is, we correct it and move on. As far as this forum being only about Alizee, we do have 'off topic' which usually has nothing to do with Alizee. The same rules that applies to the conversations about Alizee, apply to off topic conversations. There too, the lines will be crossed from time to time and CleverCowboy and Bamagirl who are here on a regular basis and have been doing a very good job, will take action when action 'needs' to be taken. We don't want to turn this into an Alizee Forum, which is no more.
Scruffy, you seem to have misinterpreted my post entirely.

To clarify:
1. No, there was no bickering and no feuding in this case. I said that on many occasions members of this forum bicker and feud over topics we love, like Alizée and her music. We clearly don't all agree on other matters, and so it stands to reason that we should avoid those topics if we already bicker and feud over things we have in common.

2. This is a correction before the issue becomes a big deal. It shouldn't ever become a big deal. I'm here to make sure that it doesn't.

3. I stated that the forum is *generally* dedicated to the discussion of Alizée only. Further, I stated that this space (as in, the Off Topic section) in particular, is dedicated to other miscellaneous topics we might find interesting. I did not say that we only talk about Alizée or that we're meant to. Quite a big chunk of my total post count can be found on the Off Topic forum. I have created Off Topic threads. I post non-Alizée music regularly.

4. I visit and monitor the site near daily. I just don't always log in.

5. If you'll notice, I haven't closed the thread, locked it, or reprimanded any user. I posted a reminder of the rules and asked that the discussion of politics come to an end. In fact, I also previously contributed to the conversation started by the OP and Aragorn's excellent thread revival. I can't say that I have any experience with Alizée Forum, as I never joined the site. Perhaps other AF members like Jenny, Plaz, or Merci Alizée would like to comment on what I have done versus the moderation on that site.