View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 04:20 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
It was at that point we decided to let Nathalie do the translation for us because she felt that a message in Alizee's native dialect would be very meaningful to her.
I would speculate that most of what she's received from outside Corsica is in French. It will definitely impress her. As Rev said, nicely executed!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Sorry, but I'll do another example with Italy XD, because I don't know how dialects work in other countries, but Corse seems a lot similar.
Just consider Naples and its province. If you take a person from the southern province, one from the city and one from the northern province and make them speak in their dialects, they will understand each other. But they will have some peculiar words and intonation that make you understand that they are from your region, but from another area.
As an American, I'm often surprised at the variety of regional dialects in Europe.

Corsica is a perfect example. Its a small island. According to this thread, Corsica has 3 different dialects. How can a small island have 3 different dialects?

Here in America, the regions differ in spoken accent (i.e. western vs. southern vs. northeastern etc)--- there is a difference in pronunciation, but the words are the same.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 01-16-2020 at 04:20 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts