View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 04:54 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I also found out about her back in 2007. I've told this story a few times before but what the heck, might as well tell it again.

Working for an airline, I go on 3 or 4 trips a year and I like to watch music videos on flights. One night, I was looking for some more videos to add to my collection. I enjoyed Madonna's "Hung up" which came out in 2005. I downloaded that and decided to search for more of her music. One of her songs I liked was L'a Isla Bonita. I searched for that and got some results similar to the picture below. There were several search hits for Madonna's songs, but then there was this one picture of a woman I had never seen before. Very good looking yes, but I certainly wasn't bowled over at this point.

So I clicked on that video and enjoyed her singing and dancing. I wondered where she was from but also thought if she was any good, I probably would of heard of her before. I felt sure I had the answer to where she was from, when at the end she said "Merci.". I also thought well she's singing someone else's song so I wasn't too impressed at that point and wondered if she had any songs of her own?".

So I did a search for "Alizée". I can't remember what the other hits were, but the one I decided to click on was her performance of ML in Amsterdam. I had been there on my honeymoon and liked it and I think it's for that reason I chose that "hit".

That's when my jaw hit the floor. Such beauty, such dancing, such poise. The smiles, the little waves to the crowd just kept drawing me in, deeper and deeper. I don't know how many times I watched that video that night. I was really amazed to find out she was only 16 then!

It's really rare to find a song that you enjoy as much as this one, so at first, I didn't do much more searching then, thinking lightning can't strike then but then I found L'Alize (The Dome), ACC (the video), Gourmandises (the video), JPVA at the Eiffel tower. Then after finding these great songs, I stumbled upon "En Concert". So many great songs and great performances. It was an amazing time back then. She brought so much enjoyment into my life at a time I really needed it.

discovering alizee.jpg

amsterdam.jpg