View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 05:20 AM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

I don't remember the exact dates, neither the date I saw her for the first time nor the date when I re-discovered her by accident. I only remember what I was doing.

I have probably told this story before but whatever.

The first time I saw her was probably in autumn 2001 but I'm not sure. Still.. Moi Lolita was released in Germany in autumn 2001 so it's not unlikely. I remember that I was doing school work at the place of one of my classmates with some others, we were preparing something for religious education about sects. The TV was running in the background on suddenly Moi Lolita was on. I liked it immediately but had no idea who that girl was and didn't know her name. And during the time before the internet was part of your daily life you couldn't just google it.

I heard the song several times on the radio, once I even saw the music video on TV but I still didn't know the name of the singer. I just really loved this song.

The thing is... I never cared much about music except I really like the singer. And so far the only two singers whose careers I still follow and whose albums I buy are Alizée and the wonderful Amy Macdonald.

I'm the type of "I like this song but I have no idea who is singing" person.

Anyway... 2 years later in 2003, sometime in late spring or summer I watched TV and there was an advert for "the new album from the singer of Moi... Lolita" and that's how it all started...