View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 10:24 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
As far as "When I dream of wolves, it's Lola who bleeds which I feel is a very accurate interpretation, I feel by wolves she is talking about older men and it doesn't have to be old, old men, just men who are older than someone who should be pursuing her.
Yes, that makes sense. I agree.

I think for "subtitle" purposes, "When I dream of wolves, it's Lola who bleeds" is good enough.

I'm still curious as to the exact meaning of this line. (See below.)

Edit:

Quote:
and as far as it's Lola who bleeds, that is in reference to the fact that some females, when they have sex for the first time bleed.
That makes sense.

But in the case of "bleed", there are two other possible meanings:

(1) being harmed
(2) feeling sympathy on behalf of another person.

In the case of (1):

"Its Lola who bleeds" ==> "It's Lola who is harmed".

In the case of (2):

"It's Lola who bleeds" ==> "its Lola whose heart aches with sympathy."

(Also (2) can be sarcastic. Such as "my heart bleeds for you" which means "I have no sympathy for you.")

My question, is what is the purpose of the line "It's Lola who bleeds"?
In the wolf metaphor, it would be Lola (i.e. not the wolf) who bleeds--- so why does this need to be stated? Is it just for emphasis?

Edit:

Quote:
There is a line after that, which because of an interpretation I saw I feel has more of a sexual meaning than most people think and fits MF's modus operandi that I won't discuss in here because it could be wrong, but I will discuss it in private.
Was this talked about previously on the forum? Do you have a link to the thread?

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 04-12-2020 at 10:24 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts