View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 02:36 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Just joined here but thought I'd enter the conversation. March 8th 2020, sometime between 10-10:30pm, scrolling through reddit someone had posted the iconic J'en ai marre performance (I can't link it yet cause I just made this account now).

I was instantly hooked, genuinely took my breathe away, how had this piece of internet culture been hidden away from me for so long? Definitely feels strange entering a fandom that's 20 years old, especially when Alizee hasn't made a song for about 6 years.
Alizee is YouTube's best kept secret. There are well over 3000 fan made videos of Alizee in addition to the large number of videos of performances, interviews, biographies, etc. Unless you are specifically looking for her, most people will never know who she is, especially in the US. I stumbled across her similar to you, with somebody in a unrelated forum posting a link to her JEAM video, and that started it all.

Becoming a fan 20 years in is still better than not at all! In another thread, we had a discussion as to whether Alizee would become a legend of sorts, assuming her videos are always widely available. Would people enjoy her music, dancing and beauty 100 years from now like they do today? I would say she has a good shot at that distinction.